Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thing 7

(To the tune of Beethoven's 5th...) FIREWALLS STINK!!! FIREWALLS STINK!!! When you really need a website they don't work...and when you fuss about it you feel like a jerk...Because they stink! Firewalls stink! Block the wrong stuff...they...sti-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-nk!
Ahem...
At this point you probably noticed my issue with firewalls. In my quest through Googledom I was able to play happily with iGoogle - I got the space theme its SO cool - and I have an Art tab and a Music tab and I love all the customizey movey-aroundy bits - way to go for the visual learner! What's the weather like? Allow me to pull up my home page... :)
Now - my intention was to get excited about another nifty Google tool - the Notebook. Unfortunately, I am unable to download this handy thing to my toolbar because of...wait for it...the FIREWALL!!! Sigh...such is life.
Best laid plans and all that...allow me to share my delight with Google advanced search instead! This was one of those tools (like Google Earth) that I looked at and went "Oh, yeah, that..." But how cool is it to be able to search by file type??? Especially for a music teacher - we need such odd things that take forever to put together... I anticipate that this will cut WAY down on my research... At least that's the prevailing theory...
Once more into the breach!

2 comments:

Barry said...

I have only read two of your postings so far and I can tell I am going to love your writing. So glad you are "playing" with us.

Thanks
Barry

Terry said...

I know I will forever be hearing the new tune when things are blocked in our district!