Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thing 6

Ok - I am a "learn by doing" kinda girl - very visual. Flickr is a ton of fun to play with - I love the tools and mushers even more. Mushers...that's not right...MASHUPS! got it...My favorite one from a purely aesthetic and theraputic sense is Flickriver - gorgeous pictures one right after the other scrolling through. Not all of the pics were particularly appropriate for the elementary age - but I found it very calming!!! I like the idea of the trading cards - that would be a great beginning of the year activity for kids to share information about themselves... Teachers to introduce themselves to parents...its kinda fun. Its sort of like all technology - you have to find a way that works for you and focus on that. I love the visual aspects... I have to say, though, for a photo resource in the classroom I feel safer using the AP archive...

No comments: