Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tool #5

www.free.ed.gov
artsedge.kennedy-center.org
I found both of these sites through Delicious and the social tagging network. I originally searched for music technology,but kept getting hits back for things like Pandora and Rockbox, which was not what I was really looking for. I changed to music education - HUGE set of responses so I narrowed it down to Music Educations Grants, and both of the links above showed up. The first one offers free lesson plans on any subject, and also listings of available grants and grant sites. The second is operated THROUGH a grant, but is a tremendous resource and wealth of multi-media specifically for music and the arts. I already took one of the podcasts and am working it into my lesson plans for the first nine weeks. This is not how I would normally search for resources, but perhaps if I got stuck I would use this technique as a second choice.

No comments: